2016 Magazine

http://sossaveoursoles.ca

May 3, 2011

what i am taking ..

today is my last shift until next saturday. i have taken the time off to head to the Dominican Republic with my family to celebrate the union of my sister and her fiance. i am excited to get away from the rain, and i promise ... i will try very hard to bring the warmth back with me. in preparation for my departure, i wanted to share with you what is in my suitcase. 

for the wedding ceremony, i have a beautiful dark purple chiffon strapless dress. i'm pairing it with my suede Dolce Vita wedge sandals. the colour is perfect, and as you may remember i have known i will own these since the day they arrived at the store. i purchased them a few weekends ago and wore them for a full 8 hour shift. i was so surprised, as i usually can't wear heels this high for a full day. especially the first wear!! i knew that day that these were going to be great wedding shoes. i will be without shoes during the ceremony but for the celebrations afterwards, these will be under my toes.


 
the espadrille makes them a bit more casual, but for a beach wedding i think they are perfect. and with my sister being such a great bride; care free and just happy to be marrying her man, i was able to wear whatever i wanted.
these are still available at the store for $110. which, in reality is a great price for a soft suede wedged sandal that is very comfortable. 
accompanying these in my suitcase will be my amazing Sam Edelman sandals from last year. unfortunately, i don't have any photos of it so i have to post one i found on the net. 
many of you may remember this sandal, which i purchased at the end of the season so i am super excited to get them out again. i figure this is a great one for going out for dinner, or taking day trips into town for some market shopping. and don't worry, i am taking the necessary flip flops for the beach, and just bumming around the resort which is what they are perfect for.

i will take tons of pictures, and when i return i will share some with you.
hope everyone has a great week!
xo lianne

No comments:

Post a Comment